Nether Stowey 50-50 Lottery
In aid of the Playing Field Regeneration
The Nether Stowey 50-50 lottery (also known as the PFR Draw) was re-launched in Spring 2012, and the first draw took place during our Party in The Park to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Replacing the previous village lottery was known as the football club lottery.
We distribute at least half of all money raised in prizes. The remaining balance contributes to the development of the playing field (rather than the general maintenance). It is fantastic to receive so much support from the village.
So far, the money has enabled us to:
- Pay for essential reports, planning & admin to attract grants.
- Complete the building of the MUGA in 2013 (costing £156,000).
- Redevelop the Children’s Play Area in 2015 (£54,000).
- Continue work towards the new Stowey Centre.
Thank you to all of you who have supported us over the years.
A Subscription of £30 is paid annually equating to £2.50 a month.
The draws occur on the first Friday of the month (although we do a SuperDraw for December and January, and June and July).
We publish a list of the winners on the website, in the Parish Office window, on social media and our parish magazine, the Quantock Messenger.
The 50-50 Lottery Terms
- Players must be resident in the UK.
- The monthly fee is £2.50 per entry.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries you may purchase.
- Members of the 50-50 lottery must be over 16 years of age.
- There are ten monthly, and two Superdraws (November and May) each year.
- Each subscription is split 50-50 between the prize fund and the Stowey Centre Project.
- The prize fund is allocated 25% to each, of the two Superdraws and 5% to each of the 10 monthly draws.
- There will be four prizes 1st – 50%, 2nd – 25%, 3rd – 15% and 4th – 10% of that month’s prize fund.
- Each Monthly draw takes place on the first Friday of each month.
- Only paid entries in a month will be considered for the draw.
- Each draw is undertaken by our treasurer and is witnessed.
- Winners will be publicised shortly after the draw takes place.
- Any concerns or complaints relating to the running of the 50-50 lottery should be emailed to email@example.com
- View our data protection policy
Nether Stowey Village Hall & Recreation Ground CIO has been registered by Sedgemoor District Council for the purposes of the Gambling Act 2005 for the period up to 9th January 2022. Registration No LOT/032240.
Please gamble responsibly: www.begambleaware.org.